Work from home (WFH) is well established in many businesses. However, ensuring the entire office-based workforce can work remotely in times of emergency is unchartered territory for many.
It’s very likely some businesses are having to accelerate WFH en-masse due to the current pandemic but are not fully prepared. If your business doesn’t have a tested and proven remote working solution in place already, you might find the following checklist helpful. A few of these things are easily overlooked.
A few things to consider
- Are you able to fix technical issues via remote log-in when out of office machines develop problems?
- Is adequate training and documentation in place?
- Are all systems accessible? It’s easy to overlook some of the less ‘day to day’ applications that are important for some individuals at certain times of the month or in other eventualities.
- Why not have the occasional ‘fire-drill’ to test your WFH deployment?
- How confident are you that your WFH solution is watertight from a governance perspective?
- How confident are you that your WFH solution is watertight from a licensing perspective?
Grey Matter can help
Grey Matter first adopted cloud solutions and WFH about six years ago when our premises were closed for refurbishment. Since then, like many other businesses, we’ve had an increasing number of staff enabled for remote working. We can provide products and services to help you implement your own remote working solutions, drawing on a variety of collaboration, communications and security tools based around Microsoft Office365 and other technologies.
Please contact us to discuss how we can assist with your business continuity plans based on remote working. Call: +44 (0) 1364 654100.